⚠ This is a very healthy and balanced breakfast, but it is high in carbs and calories, and so, not appropriate for someone on a low carb and calorie diet. For a gluten free breakfast, simply buy gluten free bread.
2 large fresh eggs
2 wholemeal slices
2 tsp white vinegar
lemon juice (optional)
1. Toast the whole meal bread
2. While you wait for it to toast, add hot water onto a pan and let it steam until it creates bubbles (the water for poached eggs should not be boiling when you add them)
3. Add two teaspoons of vinegar to the water (this will help the egg white to stick to the yolk and create a nice shape, and it won't change the taste of your egg at all). Don't add any salt to the water.
4. Crack the egg onto a fine mesh sieve to remove the liquidy egg white.
5. Once the water is ready, stir it until it creates a vortex, and drop the egg right in the middle. Wait between 2 to 3 minutes for it to cook.
6. In the meantime, the wholemeal slices must have toasted. Cut the avocado in half and mash a quarter on to each toast.
7. Add lemon juice if desired, and season it with salt and black pepper, Add some herbs if you fancy it.
8. Once the egg is ready, remove it from the pan and remove any extra water using a kitchen paper. If the toasts are ready, add the egg straight to it.
9. Repeat the process to poach the second egg.
10. Don't forget to add salt on to the eggs, and serve it straight away. Enjoy!