⚠ If you are on a gluten free diet, make sure all of the ingredients you use are gluten-free. If you are vegan, choose a vegan option such as Quorn Mince.
2 red onions
2 garlic cloves
500gr beef mince (reduced fat)
350gr tomatoes passata (no added sugar)
450gr frozen vegetables mixture (courgette, onion, pepper, tomato)
240gr Red Kidney Beans (1 can)
200gr Sweetcorn (1 can)
italian garlic seasoning (garlic & mixed herbs)
1. Pre-heat the oven at 200/180 degrees and heat the olive oil in a large frying pan
2. Chop the onions and the garlic. Add the onions first to the frying pan, and the garlic later when the onions are almost ready
3. Season the beef mince with salt, black pepper and the italian garlic seasoning (or garlic and mixed herbs).
4. Once the onion and garlic are ready, add the mince to the frying pan.
5. While the mince cooks, prepare the peppers: wash them, remove the top part and the seeds. If you want to do this recipe with halves, cut them in half and take them to the oven to bake for about 20min so they can soften. If you would rather have them whole as we did for this recipe, feel free to place them in boiling water for 5min to soften them a bit.
6. Once the mince is ready, add the remaining ingredients: the tomato paste, beans, frozen vegetables and corn. Mix everything well
7. Once the mixture is ready, stuff the peppers and take them to the oven for about 20-30minutes (depending on whether you soften them previously or not). Add a bit of cheese on top if desired (nutritional value of this recipe does not include cheese)
8. Serve it with a salad and the leftovers of the mixture. Enjoy!